CALLSTATS I/O Oy is a SaaS company based out of Helsinki. We provide products that measure and manage the performance of real-time communications. The callstats.io product helps software developers setting up, building, and scaling real-time communication applications effortlessly and frictionlessly.
Founded in 2014 and originally known as Nemu Dialogue Systems, callstats.io was named a Cool Vendor in Unified Communications, 2016 by research firm Gartner. The callstats.io product integrates with various third party SDKs and PaaS solutions which make it easier to build and deploy WebRTC applications.
We are backed by the best! True Ventures from Silicon Valley and Lifeline Ventures from Helsinki have invested into us. Read the press release for details.
- Our solutions aim to excite our customers daily.
- Data is the critical part of our product. We constantly raise the bar on the user-experience.
- Rome was not built in one day. All our projects start small and gradually increase in complexity.
- We are constantly shipping code. Done is better than perfect – the moment when the feature is better than what is already live on the site.
callstats.io is a browser based WebRTC product analytics platform that presents WebRTC conference data and other application performance metrics - both real-time and retrospectively. We visualize, filter and aggregate data for software developers and product managers to help them build better real time communications products.
As a Visual and UI Designer, you will work closely with the Product and Marketing teams, turning complex demands into simple and elegant digital services, and delivering value and excitement to our customers in fast, iterative cycles. You’ll also contribute to the marketing and branding of callstats.io, on our way to becoming a global thought leader in real time communications and product analytics.
This is a startup and you will initially be the only designer in the team, meaning that the breadth of design challenges will vary from asset production and website design to mockups and user research. Everyday will be different!
We are based in Helsinki, Finland, but we are open to remote applicants as well, keeping in mind that our core hours are 10:00-16:00 EET (GMT+2).
What we expect from you
- Strong experience in digital UI design
- Ability to iterate rapidly, producing good quality prototypes and mockups
- A sharp eye for visual detail including typography, color and layout as it relates to interaction and branding
- Advanced skills in creating and delivering visuals and assets, for example, with Sketch, Illustrator or Photoshop
- A minimum of two years of experience, either on industrial, academic or hobby projects
- A constant hunger to get your hands dirty with new and unknown areas and honing on your existing skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and ability to communicate your thoughts clearly to your teammates
Extra skills that we value
- Experience in working with agile software development teams.
- Experience in company or employer branding.
- Skills in CSS, HTML, markdown, D3, or responsive front-end frameworks.
- Basic understanding of statistics and data visualization.
- Enthusiasm for digital design best practice, new interaction models, design standards and emerging technologies.
- Modern design practices, being informed of e.g. Google’s Material Design library.
What we offer
Immediate impact: You are part of a small but growing team and your impact is immediately felt. There is no shortage of interesting and challenging tasks.
Good compensation: Competitive salary and options.
Friday demo: Every week you get to show-off your contributions and get immediate feedback.
Great team: Our team is sharp, eccentric, loyal, and ambitious.
Fun times: Weekly and monthly outings.
Education: Our commitment to learning as a team and individual growth.
Relocation: If needed, we will help you move to Helsinki.
Interested? Send us your application
What is the hardest UI related problem that you have ever analysed and solved? Explain the novelty of your solution in a cover letter and portfolio in as much detail as you can. We love reading about clever designs.
Send your cover letter, CV and portfolio to careers[at]callstats.io.