We are a startup based in Helsinki, Finland. Callstats.io is our first product, built to monitor and manage the media quality in realtime communication applications. We often refer to callstats.io as “Google Analytics for WebRTC”. Our vision is a world where communication is both frictionless and effortless to set up, operate, and scale.
We collect millions of network and media quality metrics from our customers around the world. We analyze, cluster, and categorize them based on various attributes. Our cloud infrastructure creates reports and alerts the customers when their users experience degrades. Our systems also attempt to automagically fix issues. The optimizations empower our customers to provide a superior service quality compared to their competitors.
Our team is made up of engineers that have shipped code for various networking companies.
We are backed by the best! True Ventures from Silicon Valley and Lifeline Ventures from Helsinki have invested into us. Read the press release for details.
- Our solutions aim to excite our customers daily.
- Data is the critical part of our product. We constantly raise the bar on the user-experience.
- Rome was not built in one day. All our projects start small and gradually increase in complexity.
- We are constantly shipping code. Done is better than perfect – the moment when the feature is better than what is already live on the site.
Blog posts related to working at callstats.io
- Getting a New Employee Coding in 30 Minutes
- Learnings from One Year of Using React
- Selecting a New Front-End Framework for Callstats.io
- Check out the Forward Error Correction puzzle at the end of this blog post.
You will work on our WebRTC client libraries, the libraries allow our customers to send data to callstats.io for analysis. You are expected to keep up with the WebRTC APIs and be able to experiment with various WebRTC platforms.
What we expect from you
- You have built an app with WebRTC API.
- You are willing to learn and experiment with new WebRTC platforms: Android/iOS.
- You are excited about experiment with new APIs, and build fantastic prototypes with WebRTC.
- You are comfortable writing code at any point in a stack.
- A minimum three years of experience.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Extra skills that we value
- Experience in Android or iOS development.
- Reported bugs for a WebRTC code base.
- Contributed code or documentation for an open source WebRTC code base.
What we offer
Immediate impact: You are part of a small but growing team and your impact is immediately felt. There is no shortage of interesting and challenging tasks.
Good compensation: Competitive salary and options.
Friday demo: Every week you get to show-off your contributions and get immediate feedback.
Great team: Our team is sharp, eccentric, loyal, and ambitious.
Fun times: Weekly and monthly outings.
Education: Our commitment to learning as a team and individual growth.
Relocation: If needed, we will help you move to Helsinki.
Interested? Send us your application
What is the hardest real-world distributed system or networking problem that you have ever diagnosed and perhaps solved? Explain it in your cover letter in as much detail as you can. We love reading about reverse engineering.
Send your cover letter and CV to careers[at]callstats.io.