We are a startup based in Helsinki, Finland. Callstats.io is our first product, built to monitor and manage the media quality in realtime communication applications. We often refer to callstats.io as “Google Analytics for WebRTC”. Our vision is a world where communication is both frictionless and effortless to set up, operate, and scale.
We collect millions of network and media quality metrics from our customers around the world. We analyze, cluster, and categorize them based on various attributes. Our cloud infrastructure creates reports and alerts the customers when their users experience degrades. Our systems also attempt to automagically fix issues. The optimizations empower our customers to provide a superior service quality compared to their competitors.
Our team is made up of engineers that have shipped code for various networking companies. Our engineers write great code, test it, care about performance, and pragmatically tackle the technical debt. Meanwhile, improving maintainability of our code base.
We are backed by the best! True Ventures from Silicon Valley and Lifeline Ventures from Helsinki have invested into us. Read the press release for details.
- Our solutions aim to excite our customers daily.
- Data is the critical part of our product. We constantly raise the bar on the user-experience.
- Rome was not built in one day. All our projects start small and gradually increase in complexity.
- We are constantly shipping code. Done is better than perfect – the moment when the feature is better than what is already live on the site.
Blog posts related to working at callstats.io
- Getting a New Employee Coding in 30 Minutes
- Learnings from One Year of Using React
- Selecting a New Front-End Framework for Callstats.io
- Check out the Forward Error Correction puzzle at the end of this blog post.
You will work on rich data sets collected by our call quality monitoring software, with the goal of utilizing AI to improve and optimize WebRTC video and audio. You have a good theoretical and applied understanding of machine learning, big data, data analysis and statistics.
Some projects you’ll be working on
- Design and implement complex data based algorithms in a way that makes sense for our dynamic, high load dashboard app
- Working together with our media analytics and WebRTC engineers, implement effective models to improve call quality
What we expect from you
- A logical mindset is a must, ideally combined with a strong mathematics background, preferably an M.Sc or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Information Science, Data Science or similar field
- Good theoretical understanding and previous work experience with relevant algorithms, like neural networks, deep neural networks, fuzzy systems, evolutionary computing, etc.
- Theoretical knowledge is valuable and needed to be able to see and impact the big picture, however, we believe the most valuable skill of an ML engineer in a startup is the ability to apply learning and theories to real environments
In addition, we value
- Coding experience and fluency in e.g one of the following programming languages: Python, C++, Golang
- Experience with neural network frameworks, like TensorFlow, Caffe, PyTorch
- Experience with big data processing tools, e.g. Hadoop, HBase, Storm, MongoDB,
- Interest in data visualization and e.g. time series analysis
What we offer
Immediate impact: You are part of a small but growing team and your impact is immediately felt. There is no shortage of interesting and challenging tasks.
Good compensation: Competitive salary and options.
Friday demo: Every week you get to show-off your contributions and get immediate feedback.
Great team: Our team is sharp, eccentric, loyal, and ambitious.
Fun times: Weekly and monthly outings.
Education: Our commitment to learning as a team and individual growth.
Relocation: If needed, we will help you move to Helsinki.
Interested? Send us your application
What is the most sophisticated data analysis that you have ever carried out? Explain it in your cover letter in as much detail as you can. We love reading about reverse engineering.
Send your cover letter and CV to careers[at]callstats.io.