We are a startup based in Helsinki, Finland and Kraków, Poland. Callstats.io is our first product, built to monitor and manage the media quality in realtime communication applications. We often refer to callstats.io as “Google Analytics for WebRTC”. Our vision is a world where communication is both frictionless and effortless to set up, operate, and scale.
We collect millions of network and media quality metrics from our customers around the world. We analyze, cluster, and categorize them based on various attributes. Our cloud infrastructure creates reports and alerts the customers when their users experience degrades. Our systems also attempt to automagically fix issues. The optimizations empower our customers to provide a superior service quality compared to their competitors.
Our team is made up of engineers that have shipped code for various networking companies.
We are backed by the best! True Ventures from Silicon Valley and Lifeline Ventures from Helsinki have invested into us. Read the press release for details.
- Our solutions aim to excite our customers daily.
- Data is the critical part of our product. We constantly raise the bar on the user-experience.
- Rome was not built in one day. All our projects start small and gradually increase in complexity.
- We are constantly shipping code. Done is better than perfect – the moment when the feature is better than what is already live on the site.
Blog posts related to working at callstats.io
- Getting a New Employee Coding in 30 Minutes
- Learnings from One Year of Using React
- Selecting a New Front-End Framework for Callstats.io
- Check out the Forward Error Correction puzzle at the end of this blog post.
You will work on our dashboard front- and back-end. The front-end is mainly written in React. The back-end used to be mostly Django/Python and the new parts are written in Golang (e.g., auth, APIs, etc). You will be building APIs, components to pull and display call data. You’ll also be working on machine learning data and integrations.
This is ideally a full time role and based either out of Helsinki, Finland or Kraków, Poland.
What we expect from you
- A minimum three years of software development experience.
- You are proficient in any two of the following: Django, Go, React.
- You have a deep understanding of closures, DOM manipulation, HTTP, WebSockets, and cross browser compatibility challenges.
- You are comfortable writing code at any point in a stack.
- You have demonstrated skill and enthusiasm for learning, and applying new technologies when appropriate.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
What we offer
Immediate impact: You are part of a small but growing team and your impact is immediately felt. There is no shortage of interesting and challenging tasks.
Good compensation: Competitive salary and options.
Friday demo: Every week you get to show-off your contributions and get immediate feedback.
Great team: Our team is sharp, eccentric, loyal, and ambitious.
Fun times: Weekly and monthly outings.
Education: Our commitment to learning as a team and individual growth.
Relocation: If needed, we will help you move to Helsinki.
Interested? Send us your application
What is the hardest real-world distributed system or networking problem that you have ever diagnosed and perhaps solved? Explain it in your cover letter in as much detail as you can. We love reading about reverse engineering.
Send your cover letter and CV to careers[at]callstats.io.