We are a startup based in Helsinki, Finland. Callstats.io is our first product, built to monitor and manage the media quality in realtime communication applications. We often refer to callstats.io as “Google Analytics for WebRTC”. Our vision is a world where communication is both frictionless and effortless to set up, operate, and scale.
We collect millions of network and media quality metrics from our customers around the world. We analyze, cluster, and categorize them based on various attributes. Our cloud infrastructure creates reports and alerts the customers when their users experience degrades. Our systems also attempt to automagically fix issues. The optimizations empower our customers to provide a superior service quality compared to their competitors.
Our team is made up of engineers that have shipped code for various networking companies. Our engineers write great code, test it, care about performance, and pragmatically tackle the technical debt. Meanwhile, improving maintainability of our code base.
We are backed by the best! True Ventures from Silicon Valley and Lifeline Ventures from Helsinki have invested into us. Read the press release for details.
- Our solutions aim to excite our customers daily.
- Data is the critical part of our product. We constantly raise the bar on the user-experience.
- Rome was not built in one day. All our projects start small and gradually increase in complexity.
- We are constantly shipping code. Done is better than perfect – the moment when the feature is better than what is already live on the site.
Blog posts related to working at callstats.io
- Getting a New Employee Coding in 30 Minutes
- AI Net 2018: Intriguing Insights Into Artificial Intelligence for Networks
- A Case of High Latency: Hair-Pinning or Distance?
- Check out the Forward Error Correction puzzle at the end of this blog post.
An AI Data Scientist to complete our analytics team, you will work with modern advanced and probabilistic machine learning and deep learning techniques and prototype Python in an agile startup environment. Implement your mathematical and theoretical hypotheses into real-world problems and applications.
What we expect from you
- You have a MSc or PhD degree in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics or Control and Robotic Engineering
- You have a strong track record of relevant academic research, experience of implementing your theoretical knowledge into practice and a strong desire to learn and keep up with the latest technologies
- You have hands-on experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence methods and algorithms, and have used methodologies like Bayesian Regression, Gaussian Processes, Kalman/Particle Filtering, DSP, NLP, non-linear optimization methods, supervised and unsupervised learning and clustering, and advanced multivariable regression techniques
- Programming skills to build prototypes and validate your ideas with real data. We use mostly Python and Java. Knowledge of Scala would also be useful
- You have worked with tools like SciPy/NumPy/Pandas, Jupyter, Cloud Computing/Dockerization
- You have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of Neural Nets and are familiar with libraries like tensor-flow, caffe, or theano
- Ability to collect and join data from various APIs and databases
In addition to research and prototyping, you would also bring managerial and organization skills to e.g
- Lead a multidisciplinary project team
- Supervise and advise junior data scientists on their work
- Document your research, plans and results in an effective manner
- Write blog posts, white papers or other publications on your work
What we offer
Immediate impact: You are part of a small but growing team and your impact is immediately felt. There is no shortage of interesting and challenging tasks.
Good compensation: Competitive salary and options.
Friday demo: Every week you get to show-off your contributions and get immediate feedback.
Great team: Our team is sharp, eccentric, loyal, and ambitious.
Fun times: Weekly and monthly outings.
Education: Our commitment to learning as a team and individual growth.
Relocation: If needed, we will help you move to Helsinki.
Interested? Send us your application
What is the most sophisticated data analysis that you have ever carried out? Explain it in your cover letter in as much detail as you can. We love reading about reverse engineering.
Send your cover letter and CV to careers[at]callstats.io.